Gibbs Die Casting is a global aluminum and magnesium die casting partner, with global headquarters in Henderson, KY, that provides aluminum machined and assembled castings to the auto and non-auto markets. Our capabilities include: Die Casting, Machining, Value-Added Assembly, Die Building & Design, and Engineering & Prototyping.
Dependent upon experience and education
4 year degree or equivalent education and experience
2+ years of experience
Champion quality assurance and quality control functions. Plan, develop, and implement techniques, processes, procedures, and systems that eliminate and prevent defective product while fostering continuous improvement, standardization and waste elimination. Lead by example and develop a culture that embraces a quality first mindset.
• Facilitate and champion team development of new programs to insure that internal and external customer needs are met. (Includes development of APQP processes, Control Plans, PFMEAs, process flow diagrams, inspection standards, capability analysis, gages / fixtures, mistake proofing, etc.)
• Create & update quality documentation accordingly as required for corrective and preventative actions, process changes, PPAP & ECN approvals, waivers & deviations. This includes document control, storage and database updates.
• Be a customer focal point for communication with the customer concerning quality and delivery complaints, and process changes.
• Review and approve PPAP submissions including customer specific requirements and TS 16949 compliance.
• Champion, monitor, and attend special customer specific performance activities, report-outs, and other quality-related meetings/conferences.
• Coordinate and facilitate cross functional problem solving teams to perform root cause analysis for failures internally and those affecting our customers. Facilitate and document value added corrective/preventative actions using formal methodologies (e.g. 8-D, Shainin Red X, Critical Thinking, 5P & 5-Why principles)
• Champion containment activities for all concerns internal and external. Coordinate product returns from the customer.
• Assist Quality Manager in entering, managing and tracking complaints.
• Have up to date knowledge of all AIAG standards, TS 16949 standards, customer requirements and expectations, and monitor and enforce plant progression and regression of compliance.
• Promote continuous improvement to the quality system and procedures in an effort to increase value to internal and external customer’s processes.
• Make solid data & fact driven quality decisions. Assist and teach others in the quality decision making activities, customer requirements, gage techniques, inspection and part fit and function features detrimental to customer satisfaction.
• Assist and support each manufacturing department concerning process, quality, documentation and general input.
• Possess the ability to perform duties under minimal supervision while exercising discretion and sound judgment.
• Ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor, leadership abilities, and be team player.
• Must be willing to travel to our customers with minimal notice.